Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Holford[_4_] Chris Holford[_4_] is offline

Default Super heavy snow?

In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , David.WE.Roberts
escribió:

Looks like they got a twofer deal from some supplier of badly engineered
car ports.

They just look so *wrong* somehow. Mind you, the houses themselves are
nothing special either.

Neighbours near my former house had a cantilevered carport; I always
thought it looked to be held up by optimism. I helped a friend put up
one of those retractable sunblinds (-rather like a shop blind). I was
very doubtful about the fixing method which was a couple of rag bolts
about 200mm apart vertically at each end. It didn't seem enough to take
the load when the blind was fully out. I asked on here for advice and
also phoned the suppliers; they said it was OK. A couple of years later
it's still up, but I reckon a strong wind or a few inches of snow would
bring it down.
--
Chris Holford