Charlie Self

Default Salt and vinegar for rust removal

Sandy one writes:

Nonsense. What you're saying is that if you don't understand the mechanisms

of
flight, you don't know that there are aircraft overhead.

No, I'm saying that if you don't understand flight, you can't
successfully pilot those aircraft.

Nonsense. Why on earth not? You do not have to know WHY to know it DOES.

Umm, the bit you snipped? Here it is again:

"I, like most woodwrkers,
am not a chemist."

Now what point was that making?

That most woodworkers are not chemists. Do you dispute that? If so, on what
grounds?

So why are you apparently criticising my reasons for not recommending
salt and vinegar? Sheesh, we've got one guy who cleans tools left in
the rain by the kids with hydrochloric acid! And he claims to be a
chemist!

I am not criticizing your reasons for not recommending it. I'm not even saying
back off. I am saying that the topic has gone on too deeply and too long to be
considered a woodworking topic. It is now OT.

Because it helps understand the chemistry of corrosion and how to stop
it and remove it. If you don't want to understand it, then why do you
read it? Do you not understand electrolysis?
I do hope you understand it enough to know the dangers involved.

Not interested in playing any more of your silly games.

And you apparently don't want to find out. That's fine, but why did
you join in, if that's the case?

You really do have reading comprehension problems, don't you?

No, I realised the simiarity after I wrote it.
I decided not to pander to your sensibilities by changing it.

Marvelous. Or so you think. What sensibilities, by the way? No. Forget it. I
forgot to drop this thing in with subject filters last time through. It has now
developed it's own silliness, over and above the original unnecessary
complexity.

Enjoy your continued messing about.

Charlie Self
"Bore, n.: A person who talks when you wish him to listen." Ambrose Bierce, The
Devil's Dictionary