Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Super heavy snow?

On 26/01/2013 20:30, Andy Bartlett wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
Owain wrote:

On Jan 26, 7:29 pm, harry wrote:
Doesn't look enough snow to be significant there.

Metro says: People living in the street said snow had piled onto a car
port at the side of the house, which gave way and brought the gable
end of the council property down.
http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/26/family...-snow-3367946/

which sounds more plausible as a cantilevered carport could pull out a
few bricks and the wall above would follow

Yes, I think being *that* cantilevered would do it!

http://goo.gl/maps/DIy4b

Next door has the same arrangement but it's massively braced ...

http://goo.gl/maps/pS92z

I think the bracing on the left hand side one is actually just a down
pipe for the gutter...

--
Cheers,

John.