Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default What are these nodes?

On 1/26/2013 3:34 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 15:29:38 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 1/26/2013 1:05 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 12:53:37 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 01/26/2013 12:18 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
What are these nodes?

http://tinyurl.com/bjxndpg

...Jim Thompson

AC analysis relies on linearity, so all signals are noninteracting.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

AC analysis is indeed "small signal". That doesn't negate the fact
that the analysis finds a frequency misbehavior.

And I don't have a clue what your "non-interacting" means. Sounds
like BS to me :-}

I'll run a transient analysis and prove it to you.

Sorry "prove" is the wrong word. Some on this group think their
opinion outweighs science.

...Jim Thompson

I agree that running a simulation doesn't prove a whole lot by itself,

Almost missed that jewel. Are you saying opinion outweighs
simulation?

No, just that simulation isn't reality. You know perfectly well the
level of effort required to make a decent set of models for nontrivial
devices--it sure doesn't happen by accident. All those models have to
be validated by experiment (physical and numerical), and they only work
over a limited set of input parameters. For instance, zenering a BE
junction will reduce beta, but good luck getting that into a SPICE model.

but then I don't have a dog in this fight.

Just your nose ?:-)

You know, Jim, the last time I checked, Usenet was a public forum. If
you want your tiffs to be private, you might consider conducting them
over the phone.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--