Posted to alt.home.repair
cjt cjt is offline

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

On 01/25/2013 04:59 PM, wrote:
On Jan 25, 3:33 pm, wrote:
On Friday, January 25, 2013 6:57:44 AM UTC-5, wrote:
75 watt incandescent bulbs were banned on January 1 of this year.

I am so effing sick of this extremist rhetoric.

They're not coming to take your light bulbs any more than they're coming to take your guns. Our Federal government is too broke and mired down in its own dysfunction to go around kicking in doors and smashing light bulbs, Elliott Ness style.

Then if the govt is so broke and mired down, why is the focus of
the White House and the libs more gun control instead of spending
cuts to reduce the budget?

The cost of reasonable regulations will be far less than the societal
cost of scores of dead children.

Polls consistently show that people
put creating jobs and reducing the deficit as top priorities. Banning
assault weapons are way down the list. But it's a nice diversion
courtesy of you libs.

And if they aren't taking your guns, why did NY state just pass a
law that makes the standard magazines sold with probably 90%
of the legal pistols for self defense illegal? Not only are
sales banned of any magazine greater than 7 rounds, but legal
owners have a year to get rid of them. Before
that, NY banned mags greater than 10 rounds. Now it's 7. See
a trend here and why it's obvious what you libs are up to?

What's banned is the manufacture and importation of 75 watt incandescent bulbs, except for special-use types (i.e. rough service, floodlights, etc.).

You can still use existing 75 Watt bulbs. You can still buy them as long as supplies hold out. A couple boxes of them will likely last you the rest of your life, and your kids will be used to CFL's so they won't care.

Wow, you can still buy them until they run out.... How generous
of you libs. I'm sure you'll do the same thing when you ban fatty
foods and have us all eating soylent green.

Fanaticism abounds on the Right.