Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

On Jan 26, 12:25*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 05:52:56 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:33 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:10:03 +0000 (UTC), Joe Mastroianni

wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:48:16 -0500, Tomsic wrote:

They're in an "exempt" category which includes decorative,
colored and other types which are not widely used.

Makes sense.

Bulb choices for consumers actually increased in 2012.

Doesn't make sense.

How did removing bulb choices increase bulb choices?

Makes perfect sense. They eliminated one type of bulb. Two or three
other types are on the shelf to replace it and, thus, more choices.

I'm using LED night lights in a couple of spots, but the regular sizes
are still not perfected just yet that I've seen. I think they will be
the light of choice in a few years.

Following that logic, let's ban cell phones and LCD TVs too.
Amazing how some folks want the govt to control everything.

Huh??? *What logic? *Where did government control come in play here?
What does light bulbs have to do with cell phones and TVs?- Hide quoted text -

Last time I checked, it was govt that banned incandescent
like bulbs that they didn't like. The had a problem with
people being free to choose. It bothered the powers that
be greatly that I might choose a simple 100 watt bulb
for my outdoor shed. You said that's a good thing, because
it leads to more choices. So, why not ban cell phones and
LCD TV's and see what great innovation that leads to?
It's been big soft drinks, salt, light bulbs, the right of
smokers to have a cigar dinner at a restaurant in their
own seperate room. Right now it's guns. See how you
like it when the tell you that soylent green is the only
acceptable food. Sounds like you're ready to chow down.
As for me, just leave me free to choose.
See how you like it when they come for your big