Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 05:52:56 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Jan 25, 11:33*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:10:03 +0000 (UTC), Joe Mastroianni

wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:48:16 -0500, Tomsic wrote:

*They're in an "exempt" category which includes decorative,
colored and other types which *are not widely used.

Makes sense.

Bulb choices for consumers actually increased in 2012.

Doesn't make sense.

How did removing bulb choices increase bulb choices?

Makes perfect sense. *They eliminated one type of bulb. *Two or three
other types are on the shelf to replace it and, thus, more choices.

I'm using LED night lights in a couple of spots, but the regular sizes
are still not perfected just yet that I've seen. *I think they will be
the light of choice in a few years.

Following that logic, let's ban cell phones and LCD TVs too.
Amazing how some folks want the govt to control everything.

Huh??? What logic? Where did government control come in play here?
What does light bulbs have to do with cell phones and TVs?