Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default International shipping rates USA - China?

On Sat, 26 Jan 2013 08:04:51 -0800, the renowned John Larkin
wrote:

So the Chinese set the rate that they pay to have the USPS deliver stuff? No
wonder they often include free shipping!

I think they have to pick it up and sort it domestically and transport
it to the CONUS for whatever they charge.

Hey, it looks like China Post actually has competition (as I said,
they're making good money at the rates they charge)

http://www.sendfromchina.com/shipping

The Aussies have been complaining that the US wants an extra $10 per
package or something so that agents can pretend to look for WMDs in
every box weighing more than a few hundred grams, so maybe it's not
entirely that pure an arrangement.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany