Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

On Jan 25, 11:33*pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 15:10:03 +0000 (UTC), Joe Mastroianni

wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 09:48:16 -0500, Tomsic wrote:

*They're in an "exempt" category which includes decorative,
colored and other types which *are not widely used.

Makes sense.

Bulb choices for consumers actually increased in 2012.

Doesn't make sense.

How did removing bulb choices increase bulb choices?

Makes perfect sense. *They eliminated one type of bulb. *Two or three
other types are on the shelf to replace it and, thus, more choices.

I'm using LED night lights in a couple of spots, but the regular sizes
are still not perfected just yet that I've seen. *I think they will be
the light of choice in a few years.

Following that logic, let's ban cell phones and LCD TVs too.
Amazing how some folks want the govt to control everything.