Conan The Librarian

Default What is Living Trade?

Larry Jaques wrote in message . ..

On 14 May 2004 05:27:43 -0700, (Conan The Librarian)
brought forth from the murky depths:

[pine]

Sounds like you're blaming the wood for the idjits who don't know
how to use it properly. :-)

OK, add that it is too soft, splits easily, and has too many knots.
The smell gets old after awhile, too.

I can't say that I mind the smell, and you just have to pick your
boards carefully to avoid knots. As for it being soft and splitting
easily, that's true with most of what you can buy at your local Borg,
but I have had the pleasure of working some stuff (guato pine) that is
as hard as dense as many hardwoods. This stuff in particular had
outstanding working properties (as well as a bit of figure):
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/stool2.jpg

[snip]

bring down trees on their land: http://www.swt.edu/~cv01/logs2.jpg

Just say (tmPL) *meeep* *meeeep*

Huh? a -firewood- gloat? Hmmm...

I don't know what you use for firewood now that you're up in
Oregon, but down here, a 4' section of mesquite log with a 24"
diameter is considered worth saving. In fact, some folks might even
try to make something out of it:
http://uweb.txstate.edu/~cv01/mesquitable.jpg

Chuck Vance