Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] dennisgauge@gmail.com is offline

Default What happens if you put 75 watt bulb in a 60 watt fixture

On Friday, January 25, 2013 6:57:44 AM UTC-5, wrote:
75 watt incandescent bulbs were banned on January 1 of this year.

I am so effing sick of this extremist rhetoric.

They're not coming to take your light bulbs any more than they're coming to take your guns. Our Federal government is too broke and mired down in its own dysfunction to go around kicking in doors and smashing light bulbs, Elliott Ness style.

What's banned is the manufacture and importation of 75 watt incandescent bulbs, except for special-use types (i.e. rough service, floodlights, etc.).

You can still use existing 75 Watt bulbs. You can still buy them as long as supplies hold out. A couple boxes of them will likely last you the rest of your life, and your kids will be used to CFL's so they won't care.