Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Woodpecker Rules

Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
I'll send a picture of the real thing too. It is basically 2x4 and 1x4 material.

Leon, I received your file. Thank you very much for sending it! It was
interesting to see the way you
handled the "joinery" for the uprights and that you designated a spot for
each of your parallel clamps.
Thanks for sharing!

Bill

Your welcome Bill. Any time.

Here is what I came up with so far (it took longer than it looks, lol).
If the 2 frames have structural integrity, then it would seem there will
be little to worry about. There is a lot of room for craftsmanship
for knocking oneself out (with stretchers, shelves, etc.).
Do you think there is adequate wood in under the 3/4" plywood "floor here?
I will wrap four lengths of 2by4 around the base that you can see in the picture.

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Bill

Looks plenty sturdy to me. FWIW you might want to consider going taller.
What else are you using the space directly above the clamp rack for? You
may buy longer clamps down the road. If you do go taller be aware of
garage door tracks over head and or a garage door opener.