Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpecker Rules

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:57:03 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Leon wrote:
Bill wrote:
Leon wrote:
I'll send a picture of the real thing too. It is basically 2x4 and 1x4 material.

Leon, I received your file. Thank you very much for sending it! It was
interesting to see the way you
handled the "joinery" for the uprights and that you designated a spot for
each of your parallel clamps.
Thanks for sharing!

Bill

Your welcome Bill. Any time.

Here is what I came up with so far (it took longer than it looks, lol).
If the 2 frames have structural integrity, then it would seem there will
be little to worry about. There is a lot of room for craftsmanship
for knocking oneself out (with stretchers, shelves, etc.).

Furring strip stretchers, no shelves. Use a 1x4 between the sides on
top and you have a place for spring clamps and C-cramps. (I love that
Brit word on occasion.)

Do you think there is adequate wood in under the 3/4" plywood "floor here?
I will wrap four lengths of 2by4 around the base that you can see in the
picture.

Yes. I worry about the small casters shown. The larger they are, the
less chance you have of it falling over WHEN (not if) you hit
something.
http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

Bill

--
With every experience, you alone are painting your
own canvas, thought by thought, choice by choice.