Sandy

Default Salt and vinegar for rust removal

On Sun, 16 May 2004 18:56:02 -0500, Unknown
posted:

On Fri, 14 May 2004 16:30:02 GMT, "Dan White"
wrote:

,;
,;"Charles Erskine" wrote in message
le.com...
,; More than you probably wanted to know:
,;
,; http://yarchive.net/metal/rust_remove.html
,;
,; snip
,;
,;This is the post I pasted in this thread originally to try and answer the
,;original question.

OK I missed your original post. I wrote the article you refer to. I am
a chemist and do know what is happening in this procedure so let's
start fresh.

What is it that needs more clarification on this topic? You ask the
questions and I will try to give a reasonable explanation.

Why do you need salt in the acetic acid to increase the rust removal?