Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Skim Coating

Searcher7 wrote:

So I tried drywall mud as per advice here, but I still didn't get the
consistent surface and now I might just try priming again before
tryign some latex paint in opes it fills in enough to make the surface
smooth.

What do you mean when you say you tried drywall mud? Looking at what you
have in the pictures, you should have put a skim coat on the entire surface
and then used a long board to sand it down smooth, and even. That's what I
would do at this point. Shouldn't take long at all to get it flat and
smooth.

--

-Mike-