Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Skim Coating

On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 13:25:21 -0800 (PST), Searcher7
wrote:

On Dec 22 2012, 10:18*am, "Pat" wrote:
It depends on the filler I guess but most anything that adheres decently
could be used. *Even drywall mud. *Yes, drywall mud. *I can think of
nothing that sands any easier.

I have used mud on a couple of projects and it worked well.

Ok, I tried the mud first. But I don't think it works well. After
sanding following the first coat it seemed I was back where I started.
Am I sanding too much off?

No, it either falls out, is blown out, is picked out by the roller, or
is brushed out by the brush. Great stuff. (Now you see why Bondo was
suggested.)

--
The door of opportunity is marked "PUSH".
--anon