Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodpecker Rules

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 18:14:02 -0500, Bill
wrote:

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
I was just making the point that hammer don't just "not fall" because
they are not supposed to.
BTW, with regard to your remark--both guns fire center-fire
cartridges, that makes them the same
sort of machine to me.

Now that is taking the art of oversimplification to new levels.

My bad, I was thinking of the semi-auto Remington 760.
Yes, I agree that it's not fair to compare a bolt-action gun to a Colt 45.
The Remington 760 not such a stretch, right?

A Winchester 1873 (a lever action) had a hammer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wi...Rifle_1495.jpg

http://www.neaca.com/images/Remington_Rifles_760_1_.JPG
I see no hammer on this 760. shrug

--
The door of opportunity is marked "PUSH".
--anon