Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What year is this freezer?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:22:53 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

If it's got black tubular coils, cleaning them can sometimes help, a lot.

Freezers also do leak refrigerant, and might need to be charged up. I've
done enough of those. Sometimes, slow leak can leak out the refrigerant over
a period of years, and a charge can buy you some time. Not many techs bother
with refrigerant charges. Some do, like me.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
My Coldspot/Sears upright freezer is dying. I am trying to figure out
how long we have had it. 30+ years is my wife's guess. Model is
106.628440. The original parts list does not have a date and we can't
find any sales slip or other info. Any idea how to tell about how
old it is?

If you cannot locate and repair the leak, it is ILLEGA:L to regas
them. And if there is no leak, they will NOT loose gas.