Posted to uk.d-i-y
Murmansk Murmansk is offline

Default Anyone used LED strip lights?

On Saturday, 19 January 2013 20:08:52 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
Hmm I wonder if they are weather proof. Looking for some kind of light for

my garden path.

Brian

Yes there is a waterproof version - that's what I got. Rather than being like a thin tape with raised LEDs on it it's got a layer of silicone-like clear plastic on it and in cross section is almost semi-circular. It feels very tough and rubbery and can be glued down using the attached self-adhesive strip or, for more resiliant attachment, silicone sealant.

This could be used outside I guess as long as the transformer and where its lead connects to the strip is protected from moisture.