Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Anyone used LED strip lights?

On 19/01/2013 17:40, Murmansk wrote:
I've just fitted a strip of white LEDs in my small kitchen - 2 metres under the cupboards to light the work surface and another 3 metres split between two plinths.

I'm very pleased with the result, there are 300 LEDs per 5 metre length and they use 24 watts. Cost £19 on Ebay for strip and transformer with free postage.

I've just tried a Lidl 5 LED 3W total strip light under a cupboard.
Bright to the point that the reflected light is dazzling. I'd like to
say it's because of the cleanliness of the surfaces but . . .

Is there an easy/elegant way to tone down this effect, but maintain the
amount of light?

If you like/don't mind the quality of light, you're lucky/wise with
where you buy them, and you keep them on a lot, they do appear to be the
way lights are going.

Rob