Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sketchup help

On 1/17/2013 5:38 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/17/2013 4:57 PM, Leon wrote:

LOL ...

I'm one of those who have never used a single keyboard short cut with
Sketchup ... when modeling I have both hands full with the mouse in
right hand, and flying the helicopter with the SpaceNavigator in the
left.

There are two short cut buttons on the SpaceNavigator that can be
programmed, but I left them on the default Zoom Extent and Device
Settings.

I don't care for having to move the cursor all over the screen.
There are darn few tools that I often use that I don't have a short cut
for.
Although I use the mouse for choosing and applying materials.

Is there actually a select icon?

Well yes there is!! LOL

To go a bit further with this, tools/commands that I use that do not
have an icon to implement.

I have a CTRL D for giving me all dimensions of an object.

G to make a component.

And probably a few others that I am at a complete loss right now. ;~)

Now, you got to the root of the issue ... remembering what those damn
keystroke shortcuts are. Gets more problematic with age, even for you
young pups. ;~)

Oddly I know what they are when I need them, GPS. ;~) I just don't
know which ones are only shortcuts and which one are icons and short cuts.