Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old Panasonic CRT TV, Adjusting Picture Geometry

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
William Sommerwerck wrote:

Pictures don't just get bigger. The only way for that to happen
is as Phil said, something happens to the HV, but that only applies
to sets with separate HV and horiz. sweep.

I have trouble imagining a set with separate horizontal sweep and HV --
especially a set with a reasonably sized CRT.

The "flyback" HV circuitry can certainly lose its regulation, while the
sweep
continues to work correctly.

CRT VGA monitors.

I said set, not monitor. And I assume you're referring to auto-sync monitors.
In a flyback HV system, you'd have trouble maintaining a constant HV as the
sweep frequency changed.