Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Sketchup help

On 1/16/2013 7:57 AM, Leon wrote:
Swingman wrote:
On 1/16/2013 7:34 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 1/15/2013 10:27 PM, wrote:

Ok, but can you scale with a factor of -1 in one dimension only?

Yes. Another handy scale feature is that you can hold down CTRL while
scaling and just scale from the center of the geometry.

Damn ... meant to add to the above before posting that if want to scale
"uniformly" (all parts maintain their relative size), hold down the SHIFT
key while using the scale tool.

Hummmmmmm I scale uniform often but I don't think I hold any thing down.
IIRC I just select the component, click scale, and type a number. I'll have
to revisit that.

OK I was FOS. I just tried what I said above and nothing happens. I
must be doing this scaling with out thinking. I scaled those big
airplanes without really thinking. Perhaps they were dynamic components.