Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
G.W.Ross G.W.Ross is offline

Default Update on Bowl Saver

In article_uydnaS9G9fgHGjNnZ2dnUVZ_oGdnZ2d@giganews. com, G.W.Ross
wrote:

Have been practicing with the bowl saver on some nice sweetgum. First,
there are a lot less shavings, since there is only the outside shaping
of the blank and the hollowing out of the smallest bowl. Second, it is
faster--even if you don't need the smaller bowls. Just throw the inside
bowl away and you are done. In three days it has probably paid for
itself providing I can sell the smaller bowls, and sweetgum bowls sell well.

How fast are you turning with it?

Checked yesterday. 10-12" size of larger bowl--From slice off the log
to two bowls roughed out from it took 45 minutes. That's fast for me.

--
G.W.Ross

Everywhere is walking distance if you
have the time. --Steven Wright