Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Sketchup help

"Mike Marlow" wrote:
Leon wrote:

Something else to play with. Often you need mirror images of a
component, some times mirror images of the mirror images. Copy the
component, scale it with a factor of "-1" and you get a mirror image
without having to copy and rotate. Now if you edit the original all
mirrored copies update as a mirror image also.

Foe example drawer sides. Draw one and copy then scale the opposite
side. If you add a groove for a bottom
or rabbet on the end the scale copy gets the changes where you want
them also.

Oye! I've got to make the time to go back and copy all of the posts like
this into some kind of a library. I know I won't remember this crap when
the time comes that I need it. It all makes so much sense now, but...

Mike, let me tell you a secret.. I start every one of my drawings with the
same drawing. The name of that drawing/file is 1Start.skp and it is write
protected so that I don't accidentally delete it. This drawing is nothing
more than hints and reminders of things that I don't use often and that I
sometimes have trouble remembering. It may just be a short note or a simple
illustration to serve as a reminder. I see the hints every time I start a
new drawing by beginning with this file. Basically I can't misplace my
hints and notes.

When I open that drawing/ file I select everything, hit delete, and begin
my actual drawing and save as another unique file name.