Arty Flinders

Default Cable connector block on ceramic hob?

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:21:17 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

I don't really understand what the problem is. (?)

It's that the connector isn't like the one you describe or the one I'm
familiar with.

There is a hole in the
side of the terminal compartment that has a rubber grommet around it. The
cable is inserted through this hole and under a cord grip mechanism to hold
it in place and stop it from being pulled back out.

No, it isn't like that.

After removing the nuts and top washers, the copper conductors can be
wrapped a half turn around the bolts before the washer and nut are placed
back on and tightened.

If only.

You will need a small piece of green/yellow
insulation sheath over the bare earth connecting centre to make it doesn't
touch against any other terminals when it is in place.

It's got that.

Are you using the correct cable ?

I believe so. It's cooker cable running from a cooker switch

Are you using the correct connection point ?

It being the only one, I guess so.

Are you sure the hob is safe after you connected it up the first
time ?

I'm sure it would be safe if it were connected correctly. At the moment
it's not connected at all. Safe but not very useful.

--

Arty Flinders