Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garden Hose anti-kink options...

I'm curious to read the answers. I don't have much success with this kind of
thing.

Perhaps you need different reels, or different winding technique.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Hench" wrote in message ...
I use about 100' of garden hose at back and front of house. Problem is
over the year the hose forms kinks because of the reels I use. I've
tried leaving full pressure water in them but those days it gets very
hot, I've had cheap hoses burst and I want to avoid that with the
exspensive 6 ply hoses

Anyone got any suggestions to prevent kinking on sections of the hose
that already problem areas? I've thought of buying springs but can't
find any that fit 5/8". Maybe cutting metal cold hangers and bending
the metal around the problem areas?