Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default how to obtain "troubleshooting guide" for Kenmore dryer?

On 01/13/2013 04:44 PM, David L. Martel wrote:
Nate,

The sensors get smacked by wet clothes. Thus they get shorted to each
other when the clothes are wet. If you have a flaky connection in the wiring
harness, that can look like "dry" clothes. So, clean the push on connectors
at the circuit board and at the sensors. If that doesn't fix things let us
know.

Dave M.

I did clean the connections at the sensor bars as part of the cleaning
that I did today - on this model they're part of the lint filter
assembly so I removed the whole thing, cleaned it all very well, and
sprayed the last of my deoxit into the female connectors before
reassembling. (gotta order more deoxit, unless someone knows where one
can actually walk in and buy it...)

I've done two loads of laundry since then - one was a load of sheets
with one heavy flannel shirt mixed in. I had to restart it once to get
everything dry. (I didn't even try to dry the flannel shirt; I hung it
up damp and then restarted it to dry the sheets.) The other was two
light quilted blankets. I just restarted it, actually one blanket was
completely dry, the other was slightly damp in spots.

So performance is greatly improved over its state pre-cleaning but still
not right.

Cleaning the connections at the circuit board would require moving it
and quite honestly I'm not up to it right now; been fighting the flu for
four days now and only today felt human enough to start doing some stuff
around the house. I'm still getting out of breath walking up and down
steps which is just freakin' pathetic and frustrating. Can't wait to
shake this bug...

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.