Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Metric High Pressure Fittings?

I help coach the MIT collegiate pistol team, and we have a number of
Swiss Hammerli 480K air pistols that I believe were obtained second hand
from West Point in the distant past. These use high pressure compressed
air, and are filled from SCUBA tanks.

http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spha480k.htm

We have a variety of fill adapters. Most are single piece ones that
require removing the tank from the pistol, and then screwing the tank
into the adapter. We also have a couple that have a rotating seal so you
can easily fill the tanks while they are still on the pistol. They also
each have a short flexible hose that makes it less likely to damage
anything. The hoses are quite different, one being small & short, and the
other longer & much fatter. I have no idea if these were ever a Hammerli
product, or were something that someone put together on their own.

In any event, the one with the skinny hose started leaking, and when we
tried to tighten that connection, it broke. We disconnected the other end
of the hose, and it has a very odd fitting. Then again, I'm not used to
working with 2000 PSI hose fittings, so maybe it's quite normal...

Here's a pictu
http://users.rcn.com/gwhite/Misc/Dea...ll_Adapter.jpg

Does anyone have any insight on this thing? The long skinny threaded
piece visible on the right hand end is broken off inside the hose on the
left. If I can figure out how to remove the broken fitting on the left
end, and get a new connector & hose, I may be able to resurrect it.
However, in addition to being high pressure stuff, I'm assuming all the
threads are metric, and I suspect getting parts in the US will be
difficult at best.

Thanks!

Doug White