Posted to alt.electronics
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Variac current question

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 13:40:39 -0000, wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:01:02 -0000,

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:11:19 -0000,

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Yeap, so it should!! My mistake!!

Daniel

I still don't know what you're saying is wrong with my diagram
http://petersphotos.com/temp/transformer.jpg

What!! Apart from me saying *it will not work!!*

In my diagram, the 1.5A primary current flows &only* in the primary
winding of the transformer and the 3.0A secondary current flows *only*
in the secondary.

Whereas in your diagram, *you* had both flowing in one part of *your*
coil, which would not work!!

No if's, no but's, no maybe's!!

Daniel

The current flowing in my load circuit has to come from somewhere.
Redraw my circuit, with the same transformer, showing where you think
current flows.

In my diagram of a couple of days ago, I have tried to use your
transformer, with 240V applied across the primary and 120V developed
across the secondary in a manner that *DOES* work, but *you* will not
see it.

You cannot see the difference!!

You're not showing a Variac in your diagram. The Variac has the source voltage across the ENTIRE coil. The load is connected across HALF the coil.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

British Rail Customer: "How much does it cost to Bath on the train?"
Operator: "If you can get your feet in the sink, then it's free".