Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New printer - feedback

On Saturday 12 January 2013 13:52 GB wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On 12/01/2013 12:55, Tim Watts wrote:
I took John Rumm's advice and went for a Samsung in the end.

Specifically the CLX-4195FW. So far I'm very impressed.

Scanning - excellent quality with scan2email and scan2usb. xsane works
over the network too, but you have to do something weird to set it up the
first time.

The weak point on these sort of machines tends to be the auto doc
feeder. How's this one?

Granted it's new, but it seems pretty good.

The only software weakness is the fact that you cannot scan with "pseudo
duplex" - the ADF is simplex only and I doubt it has enough RAM (256MB) to
buffer one set of sides to allow a manual turn over.
--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceived SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent
moral busybodies."