Posted to alt.electronics
[email protected] Daniel47@teranews.com is offline

Default Variac current question

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 12:01:02 -0000,
wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:11:19 -0000,

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 12:39:50 -0000,

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Scott, I don't have great graphics skills, but:-

http://www.albury.net.au/~dxmm/transformer_mod.jpeg

If you joined the primary and secondary 0V wires, you are left with a
three contact transformer!!

In your diagram the current for the load should go the other way.

Yeap, so it should!! My mistake!!

Daniel

I still don't know what you're saying is wrong with my diagram
http://petersphotos.com/temp/transformer.jpg

What!! Apart from me saying *it will not work!!*

In my diagram, the 1.5A primary current flows &only* in the primary
winding of the transformer and the 3.0A secondary current flows *only*
in the secondary.

Whereas in your diagram, *you* had both flowing in one part of *your*
coil, which would not work!!

No if's, no but's, no maybe's!!

Daniel

The current flowing in my load circuit has to come from somewhere.
Redraw my circuit, with the same transformer, showing where you think
current flows.

In my diagram of a couple of days ago, I have tried to use your
transformer, with 240V applied across the primary and 120V developed
across the secondary in a manner that *DOES* work, but *you* will not
see it.

You cannot see the difference!!

Daniel