Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Remembering turn direction on acetylene bottles

Gunner wrote:
Interesting. I guess my problem is unique.

Nope..its very very common with most people. Most folks have so little
experience with lefthand threads that its rare and unique to most of
them.

About the most lefthand thread use that I can think of were lug nuts
on some older motor vehicles

http://www.carcraft.com/junkyardcraw...lefthand_lugs/

And of course..bicycle cranks....

So how many people actually learn to turn em?
Few.

Gunner

1. Lie

Tie rod ends on most vehicle have one RH one LH. Some fan clutches as
well. A few others still out there as well, usually in spots where a RH
thread would tend to loosen from the predominant torque direction, or
when a company wants to make it difficult for after market add-ons.

--
Steve W.