Chris

Default Consumer Fuse Query

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:04:41 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Chris" -o-m wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:58:23 -0000, "Owain"
wrote:

"Chris" wrote
| However, the consumer fuse is not like one I've come across before.
| A picture of the meter board can be found he
| http://www.chrisj.dsl.pipex.com/
| Can anyone give any clues to the configuration?
| All the consumer fuses I have seen have had a single seal.

That's perfectly normal. The left 3 sealed compartments are the phases,

for
a 3-phase incomer. Only one (red) is used in this single phase

installation,
the one on the right (black) is the neutral.

| Also what is the black wire coming out of the top of the earth terminal
| likely to be?

An earth to something...?

| I didn't post make a picture of the consumer unit available as I
| didn't want to scare anyone.

Oh, please do!

Owain

Seeing as you said please...... same URL (give it a few hours before
it becomes available).

Chris

It's not that bad actually. I've seen worse. You've got an easy job there
mate. :-))

I'm looking forward to it actually, we have been moving house for what
seems like ages (it's taken longer than expected as there was a baby
in the middle). I've been starved of any real DIY for months since we
got our house ready to put on the market.

It's sometimes nice to have a 'blank canvass' to go at.

Many thanks for the advice.

Chris