Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Desperately need schematic ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

I've always found that the big 'obvious' download buttons on this site are
actually nothing of the sort. Well, that is to say they *are* a download
button, but not for the PDF that you actually want, and that they are trying
to make it look like you are going to get. Usually, they are a link to some
piece of download 'helper' software, that doubtless bolts itself into your
machine, hijacking all your PDF readers and so on. I've always used IE8 with
the site, and the link described has always been the one to get the file,
but it doesn't always appear.

Arfa

Yes I have found that too.

However, I did find that the Electrotanya site would never supply a download
button on my XP machine using Firefox, but would if I switched to IE.

It seems from the evidence here that the problem may be pretty random, and
perhaps not associated with OS or browser at all, but possibly some flaky
programming instead somewhere along the line, probably the site itself for
not being able to cope with all the connection randomnesses thrown at it.

Gareth.