Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Desperately need schematic ...

Slim chance, but has anyone by any chance got schematics for a Hartke LH500
bass head ?

Cheers

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:26:10 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Slim chance, but has anyone by any chance got schematics for a Hartke LH500
bass head ?

FWIW, the LH1000 uses the same power amp module:
http://elektrotanya.com/samson_lh_10.../download.html

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar"

FWIW, the LH1000 uses the same power amp module:
http://elektrotanya.com/samson_lh_10.../download.html

** BEWARE !!

This site is a fake and tries to change your home page to some POS
advertising site.

Unlike Franc to post such a trap.

.... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote in message
Slim chance, but has anyone by any chance got schematics for a Hartke

LH500
bass head ?

Cheers

Arfa

sometimes listed under the name Samson rather than Hartke

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote in message
Slim chance, but has anyone by any chance got schematics for a Hartke

LH500
bass head ?

Cheers

Arfa

how to dismantle and other info on my file
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/repair2f.htm

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Franc Zabkar"

FWIW, the LH1000 uses the same power amp module:
http://elektrotanya.com/samson_lh_10.../download.html

** BEWARE !!

This site is a fake and tries to change your home page to some POS
advertising site.

Unlike Franc to post such a trap.

... Phil

Thanks for the warning Phil. I have used the site before with mixed success.
If you follow what look like the instructions to download a file, it leads
you to all sorts of undesirable places, but if a tiny invitation to download
your file appears anonymously in the middle of the page, it seems to work
ok. Trouble is, I've only managed to get that link on about 50% of
occasions. I'll report back on whether I get any success this time ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:26:10 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Slim chance, but has anyone by any chance got schematics for a Hartke
LH500
bass head ?

FWIW, the LH1000 uses the same power amp module:
http://elektrotanya.com/samson_lh_10.../download.html

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc. I didn't realise that the 1000 was the same power amp section.
That's where I have the problem, so if I can get the schematics from there -
see reply to Phil - it should help.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Phil Allison" wrote in message

"Franc Zabkar"

FWIW, the LH1000 uses the same power amp module:
http://elektrotanya.com/samson_lh_10.../download.html

** BEWARE !!

This site is a fake and tries to change your home page to some POS
advertising site.

Unlike Franc to post such a trap.

... Phil

Thanks for the warning Phil. I have used the site before with mixed
success. If you follow what look like the instructions to download a file,
it leads you to all sorts of undesirable places, but if a tiny invitation
to download your file appears anonymously in the middle of the page, it
seems to work ok. Trouble is, I've only managed to get that link on about
50% of occasions. I'll report back on whether I get any success this time

Arfa

OK. Update. On this occasion, the site worked just fine. Right down near the
bottom (in the paragraph directly below the 'preview' thumbnail) was a tiny
underlined link, buried in amongst the other text. It reads "Get Manual". It
is this link that you need to look for, but it seems that you don't always
get it. Clicking on that link takes you directly to the PDF file, which
downloads without issue, and is then save-able. Go have a look to see if you
get this link. If you do, you could try it. Always a useful manual to have.
If you don't have any success, or don't want to risk it, at least you know
who's now got a copy if you should need one in the future.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily schrieb:

[...]
OK. Update. On this occasion, the site worked just fine. Right down near
the bottom (in the paragraph directly below the 'preview' thumbnail) was
a tiny underlined link, buried in amongst the other text. It reads "Get
Manual". It is this link that you need to look for, but it seems that
you don't always get it. ...

In my experience it always takes some time until the link is appearing.
I've always been successful.

HTH

Reinhard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Reinhard Zwirner" wrote in message

Arfa Daily schrieb:

[...]
OK. Update. On this occasion, the site worked just fine. Right down near
the bottom (in the paragraph directly below the 'preview' thumbnail) was
a tiny underlined link, buried in amongst the other text. It reads "Get
Manual". It is this link that you need to look for, but it seems that
you don't always get it. ...

In my experience it always takes some time until the link is appearing.
I've always been successful.

HTH

Reinhard

I've had mixed results from this site too.
Using my default Firefox I just couldn't find a download button. Switching
to Internet Explorer, worked though.

(I might have missed that tiny link in Firefox, but somehow I doubt it, cos
I tried really hard on numerous occasions)

Internet Explorer came up with a big obvious button, not one hidden away.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I should clarify that the above was my past experiences of this site using
my works XP - tonight my new laptop with WIndows 8 and IE found the small
link as described here.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

I should clarify that the above was my past experiences of this site using
my works XP - tonight my new laptop with WIndows 8 and IE found the small
link as described here.

I've always found that the big 'obvious' download buttons on this site are
actually nothing of the sort. Well, that is to say they *are* a download
button, but not for the PDF that you actually want, and that they are trying
to make it look like you are going to get. Usually, they are a link to some
piece of download 'helper' software, that doubtless bolts itself into your
machine, hijacking all your PDF readers and so on. I've always used IE8 with
the site, and the link described has always been the one to get the file,
but it doesn't always appear.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've always found that the big 'obvious' download buttons on this site are
actually nothing of the sort. Well, that is to say they *are* a download
button, but not for the PDF that you actually want, and that they are trying
to make it look like you are going to get. Usually, they are a link to some
piece of download 'helper' software, that doubtless bolts itself into your
machine, hijacking all your PDF readers and so on. I've always used IE8 with
the site, and the link described has always been the one to get the file,
but it doesn't always appear.

I believe I mentioned this recently (if not in this group, in another). Never,
ever perform a download using "helper" software. It isn't needed. Search the
page for a button that performs a direct download. It's probably there.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

I've always found that the big 'obvious' download buttons on this site are
actually nothing of the sort. Well, that is to say they *are* a download
button, but not for the PDF that you actually want, and that they are trying
to make it look like you are going to get. Usually, they are a link to some
piece of download 'helper' software, that doubtless bolts itself into your
machine, hijacking all your PDF readers and so on. I've always used IE8 with
the site, and the link described has always been the one to get the file,
but it doesn't always appear.

Arfa

Yes I have found that too.

However, I did find that the Electrotanya site would never supply a download
button on my XP machine using Firefox, but would if I switched to IE.

It seems from the evidence here that the problem may be pretty random, and
perhaps not associated with OS or browser at all, but possibly some flaky
programming instead somewhere along the line, probably the site itself for
not being able to cope with all the connection randomnesses thrown at it.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message ...

[...]

I only use an ancient version of FF and with images disabled so I never know
what ads/pics I'm supposed to be looking at , for the 10 seconds or so
before the deliberate revenue earning delayed functional download link
appears. Quite obvious delayed intrusion , then , as no extraneous imagery
to mask it. But it has always appeared, ISTR. I don't know if its still the
case that if you download the front cover pic, that counts as one off your
daily download limit.
cf with perhaps one in 10 problem with regenerating pdf from .rar files on
the eservice site

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 08:19:42 -0000, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I only use an ancient version of FF and with images disabled so I never know
what ads/pics I'm supposed to be looking at , for the 10 seconds or so
before the deliberate revenue earning delayed functional download link
appears. Quite obvious delayed intrusion , then , as no extraneous imagery
to mask it. But it has always appeared, ISTR. I don't know if its still the
case that if you download the front cover pic, that counts as one off your
daily download limit.

I use Opera. I see 3 references to "Sponsored link(s)", but no actual
links. That said, I've blocked a lot of domains and I have other
content blockers, so I don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing. I
also have images disabled by default, but even when I enable them I
still see nothing. I don't see any download accelerator, nor is there
any attempt to hijack my settings.

It does take a little time before I see the "Get Manual" link, though.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

It's a bit of a 'strange' site in a number of regards, but overall, I have
had quite a reasonable amount of success with it. Sometimes, it seems to be
the only site where an obscure manual is available. Providing that you
eventually see the "Get Manual" link, this always seems to work without
issue. However, on the occasions when this hasn't appeared. all other
attempts to follow promising looking links on the page, have seemed to
result in dead ends, transfers to advertising or 'sponsor' sites, or
connections to helper software downloads. It doesn't help that some of the
transfer links don't seem to put the URL that they are going to take you to,
into the bottom task bar, as you mouse over them ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 02:31:04 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's a bit of a 'strange' site in a number of regards, but overall, I have
had quite a reasonable amount of success with it. Sometimes, it seems to be
the only site where an obscure manual is available.

IME Elektrotanya has been the best depository of service manuals on
the Internet. Eserviceinfo is now my second preference. That said, I
always perform a Google PDF search before I try anything else.

AISI, "free" download sites need to sustain themselves somehow.
Sometimes we need to put up with a few annoyances (like ads on
free-to-air TV), but Elektrotanya doesn't bother me too much overall.

BTW, I once did contact the site owner with an offer of a DVD full of
service manuals. I reckoned that it would be easier for him to copy
them across to his server(s), but he declined, suggesting instead that
I should upload them myself. Needless to say I haven't bothered.

- Franc Zabkar