Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Desperately need schematic ...

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

I should clarify that the above was my past experiences of this site using
my works XP - tonight my new laptop with WIndows 8 and IE found the small
link as described here.

I've always found that the big 'obvious' download buttons on this site are
actually nothing of the sort. Well, that is to say they *are* a download
button, but not for the PDF that you actually want, and that they are trying
to make it look like you are going to get. Usually, they are a link to some
piece of download 'helper' software, that doubtless bolts itself into your
machine, hijacking all your PDF readers and so on. I've always used IE8 with
the site, and the link described has always been the one to get the file,
but it doesn't always appear.

Arfa