Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Kindling maker

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:31:30 -0500, wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 05:27:01 -0800, Gunner
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 06:05:37 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 22:50:42 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 17:30:59 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

pyotr filipivich wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Has a human ever sunk four sets of claws into you while you were
alseep?

Two sets, and occasionally cold hands or feet!

Did you kick her out of bed?

Why? Cold feet don't hurt ya...when they're dangled over your
shoulders. Hey, remember the ankle straps over the seatbacks in the
old VW bugs? Time to play "doctor", sweetie.

Been there...done that..repeatedly...Every time I see a Bug...Im told
I get a little misty eyed......sniff.....

All I remember about them was being in one when a semi blew it off
the road when I was 14. It was one of the worst peices of crap I ever
rode in.

My dad had bought it new a few months before, and traded it in on a
'63 Catalina convertible when we got home from that trip.

The early beetles were a bit..underpowered..but by the late
1960s....we were turning them into pretty fast and dependable little
fun cars. Lots of American kids on the Autobahns in Germany managed to
not only keep up with Herr Burgomeister..but leave him behind in a
trail of blue smoke G

Hell..Ive built and driven the **** out of a number of 1800cc and
2100cc bugs that would cruise all day at 90 mph and comfortably.

Jan. '60, one of the guys had a 55 or 56 Beetle. Four of us were
cruising on a Sunday afternoon when the owner challenged the owner of
a healy 3000 to a run around the ice track at the community centre. We
made four laps before the Healy got all the way around - with four of
us on board, the beetle couldn't spin its tires!
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada

Ayup! Dad was big into road rallies (Jag XKe) but he loved both the
little Renault and the VW for winter rallies. Lots of fun to be had
on the lakes in Northern Michigan in the winter. Course..you had to
bring out the snow plows a lot of the time just to find the
ice...shrug

I had a friend from California come out back in Febuary of 1970..and I
took him out past the lakes..and he asked...what do they plant in that
big field? Damn thats a big field, and I thought Michigan had a lot
of trees..is that big big flat spot where they cut the trees down?

He commented on a big truck and flatbed out in the middle of one of
the fields and he looked again..and then again...and he
said...concrete slabs? What are they doing with those big concrete
slabs out in the middle of that huge field?

He was shocked when I finally told him those flat spots were lakes and
the truck was loading slabs of Ice..until I drove him out and showed
him.

It simply was outside of his world view that those were lakes..frozen
lakes with ice many feet deep on top.

Now I know how he felt, living out here myself.

It actually Snowed today!! Well..big falling slush wads..but! It was
kinda Snow!!

And the Grapevine is still closed both ways!!

Gunner

Gunner

1. Lie