Posted to alt.electronics
Lieutenant Scott Lieutenant Scott is offline

Default Variac current question

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 11:11:19 -0000, wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 12:39:50 -0000,

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 15:25:06 -0000,

wrote:

Lieutenant Scott wrote:

Snip

If.....If.....If

What you drew *Will not* work! No if's, no but's, no maybe's!!

Ok, please redraw my diagram showing me where you think the currents
travel.

Scott, I don't have great graphics skills, but:-

http://www.albury.net.au/~dxmm/transformer_mod.jpeg

If you joined the primary and secondary 0V wires, you are left with a
three contact transformer!!

In your diagram the current for the load should go the other way.

Yeap, so it should!! My mistake!!

Daniel

I still don't know what you're saying is wrong with my diagram http://petersphotos.com/temp/transformer.jpg

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. "Please, you have to come right over," pleaded the distraught young mother. "My child has swallowed a contraceptive."
The physician dressed quickly, but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
"You don't have to come over after all," the woman said with a sigh of relief. "My husband just found another one."