Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Kindling maker

Jim Wilkins wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

All I remember about them was being in one when a semi blew it off
the road when I was 14. It was one of the worst peices of crap I
ever
rode in.

My dad had bought it new a few months before, and traded it in on
'63 Catalina convertible when we got home from that trip.

A Pontiac clipped the rear of my VW on the Interstate and sheared off
the fender. I changed the tire and drove home, but his front
suspension was wrecked.

That Catalina was hit broadside by a Rainbow Bread truck (A full
sized stepvan), knocked sideways two lanes and didn't even get a scratch
in the new paint. I was doing 45 when the moron wandered out of his
lane & hit me hard enough to send me into the curb.