Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_4_] DerbyBorn[_4_] is offline

Default Novel supermarket lighting

Mike Tomlinson wrote in
:

In article
.com, harry writes

You can buy replacement LED tubes that fit in the conventional
fluorescent fitting. You have to dis all the control gear inside.

I've been very impressed with some of the LED replacements for fluoro
tubes that I've seen. In fittings with a shiny reflector, they've been
fitted pointing down, and I wondered if they would be better fitted
pointing upwards to reduce direct glare (they're *bright*).

I think that the optics of LEDs lead us to think they are brighter that
they really are. We are trying to compare a bright small source (LEDS) with
a larger and more diffused source (Others). The real test I guess is to
compare the light reflected off the illuminated surfaces over the
illuminated areas.