Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Novel supermarket lighting

On 08/01/2013 21:36, Graham. wrote:
I saw these in a new Sainsbury's store.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/8...ream/lightbox/

Are they LED arrays? I'm not sure. Whatever they are they do the job
well.

Wondering if, regardless of the actual light source, they are really an
improved diffuser? In our JS the lights initially appear to be good and
(other than the hanging down bit) similarly fitted to yours and at a
similar height, etc. The light down the aisles quite well, but the
ceiling has a much less even effect than yours.

Also, it would be a damn site easier to wipe down a bit of plastic than
to try to clean a classic diffuser.

Maybe the same fitting can take fluorescent or strip LED? That might
need an improved diffuser.

--
Rod