Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sketchup help

On 1/8/2013 9:11 AM, Swingman wrote:

Just learn to draw the damned parts to your project individually ... a
woodworking project is mostly nothing more than a collection of simply
"boards", after all.

Oh, now that makes sense. My previous excursions into SU had been so
frustrating had just punted even trying anything else w/ it.

Mayhaps I might try again w/ a different idea on how to approach it
altho I'm still pretty much a "few sketches on a piece o' paper, then go
work it out" kinda' guy...then again, I've quit doing big, complex stuff
that has to fit a hundred thousand pieces together, too, in favor of
smaller stuff can get done in a few days at the outside given that
farming is now the prime activity that requires first dibs...

The time at which was doing so much of the architectural work in
Lynchburg predated the PC time frame by a sizable number of years so it
was a _lot_ of boardwork there. I don't know what the Colonial's used
in Williamsburg, say...altho come to think of it I don't recall ever
seeing any _original_ working drawings on any of the visits there. Lots
of later-made from the existing work, but not original (at least that
I've seen--maybe they're too rare to ever be on display, dunno...).