Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnace squeaks when it turns off

That brings back some memories. It was maybe 1991, and night time. The
blower on my furnace started to really totally squeal. I pulled a couple
bolts, and the blower housing came out. Found a couple of oil holes on the
motor. Dripped on some 10w30 which was what I had. Formed a bit of an air
lock, so I poked around in the bubble with a bent out paper clip. After a
while, it took some oil, and the fan worked a lot quieter. That was before I
had a HVAC job, glad I was able to figure it out on my own.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
But I never had a furnace that required oiling any part of it.
He's more likely to screw something up by squirting oil than to help
anything unless he knows exactly what he's doing.

But I never had a furnace that required oiling any part of it.

Ahh...a possible case of "Just because you never had one doesn't mean
that they don't exist." ;-)

My previous furnace, a 1950's era Perfection, had a spring loaded cap
on each side of the blower motor.. The instructions suggested the use
of a few drops of oil in each hole once a year.