Mark & Juanita

Default OT-VIDEO of AMERICAN BEHEADED BY TERRORISTS

On Thu, 13 May 2004 13:16:18 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"
wrote:

"mp" wrote in message

Do you really think that al-Queada was in Iraq during Saddam's regime?

Yes. Keep thinking about it mp, you may finally understand it and only a
year after everyone else.

So you think that we went into Afghanistan and completely threw al-Qaida
into chaos. And then, we turn our attention to Iraq. So, the logical thing
for al-Qaida to do is to pick up and follow us to continue fighting? If we
were suddenly distracted by an area where al-Qaida was not, why would they
go there? Come on, give us a break.

Frank

Frank,

The thing you have to understand with mp and his fellow-travellers
is that it doesn't matter what the circumstances, it is *always* the fault
of the US. The US attacked on 9/11? It was our fault -- we obviously did
something to make these people hate us. A civilian who went to Iraq to
help rebuild the country's telecommunications infrastructure was beheaded?
Obviously it was Bush's fault. USA Today the other day tried to generate
moral equivalence between humiliating prisoners (for which we don't
necessarily have the full story yet) with napalming civilians, killing
suspects, and other events that resulted in the DEATHS of people.

In the paradigm with which these people view the world, the US is evil,
any and all actions undertaken by the US are evil and the only dignified
response to any attack (physical, political, or editorial) is to roll over
and wet ourselves, thanking the perpetrators for reminding us how evil we
are and have been. They conveniently ignore the (documented) unearthing of
300,000 casualties of Saddam's regime and gloss over the *real* torture of
prisoners in Saddam's prisons. They draw moral equivalence between
*humiliating* prisoners with physically sawing off hands, drilling holes in
people, and literally beating people to death.

Bottom line is there is no way you will ever convince mp that the US is
anything other than an evil empire and that these radical muslim extremists
who behead prisoners, fly airplanes into buildings, topple buildings onto
homosexuals, destroy historical artifacts, or make the statement that "any
female American soldiers may be kept as slaves" are nothing more than
misunderstood people who have become that way because of the evil
oppression by the US.