Tom Veatch

Default OT-VIDEO of AMERICAN BEHEADED BY TERRORISTS

On Wed, 12 May 2004 23:29:31 -0700, wrote:

I think there's some back story we're not getting. for instance, what
the hell was he doing there?

According to the news reports I've read - for whatever they might be worth - he owns a small company and was hustling business for
that company - "looking for work".

According to those same reports:

1. He had been detained by the Iraqi police/US Military, who apparently were not satisfied with that explanation of his presence.
2. He was released by the US Military only after (his parents?) brought suit in Federal Court.
3. Almost immediately (a couple of days?) after his release he dropped from view and reappeared in this video.

My suggestion for anyone is to stay the Hell out of a combat zone if you don't absolutely have to be there.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS USA