Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

On 07 Jan 2013 15:34:47 GMT, Puckdropper
To bring this back to woodworking (and open a can of worms), if you did win
the lottery would you buy a SawStop?

Not unless I could have it height modified for woodworking from my
wheelchair. Talked to SawStop a few years back about the height
modification thing and I was told "no" because of engineering that was
down near the bottom of the saw.

General did make a height modified saw, but now that they've gone bye
bye with the Canadian manufacturing, it's no longer made.

However, SINCE we're talking about big lottery money, I might well end
up buying myself a Martin or something similar. Program in my
measurements, push a button and watch it power feed cutting to better
than 1/64" tolerances.

Then I'd have my private woodworking butler team put it all together
for me.