Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Sketchup help

"Artemus" wrote:
"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message
On 1/5/2013 6:57 PM, Artemus wrote:
This is probably really basic but I'm stuck.
I've added the CutList plugin to SU and can't figure out
how to get CL to recognize that I'm using sheet goods.
I know it expects each components material to have
sheet/mdf/etc in the name - but how do I assign a material
to a component?
Art

Assign a material to a component by "painting" it with a material. select the
material, click the little paint bucket and click on the component. Then rename the
material, panel, plywood, sheet, etc, the suggested name by the plug in program.
You could rename the material oak plywood for instance. You can have several
different materials in a drawing.

FWIW you can use the cutlist plug in to generate a file to import components into
CutList Plus also.

That did it! Thanks.
Any idea why some of my components are showing up in CL with the
wrong thickness? All other dimensions seem to be correct.
All components are aligned orthogonal with the axis.
Art

How far off are the dimension thicknesses?
I can tell you that if planes are not parallel, although they might appear
to be, they will be imported at the larger dimension. For instance if a
3/4" thick panel is accidentally drawn thicker on one end say 13/16" it
will be imported at that thickness. The thickness might be fine on one end
but not the other and may be hard to notice visually.

Sometimes the cure is to delete the suspect component and try importing
again.