Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

On 1/6/2013 8:47 PM, Mike M wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 20:23:06 -0600,
wrote:

On 1/6/13 6:40 PM, Swingman wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 06 Jan 2013 16:38:04 -0600, wrote:

No sympathy whatsoever ... if you're shop space is smaller than mine, it
is illegal to call it a shop.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...03629261095154

That's not a workshop, that's a storage shed filled to the gills.
You're a homebuilder. Surely, you must have some bigger location you
use to stage your projects???

Nope ... except for two years while I rebuilt it after it flooded one too
many times, and I moved it here temporarily:

http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/TempShop0.jpg

Which is not much bigger ... the first link above has been the shop I've
built everything in for 12 years.

It ain't the size of the dog in the fight Bubba.

But it would certainly be a lot less frustrating and more efficient to
have more room.
I get so sick of moving everything in and out and around, just to use
another tool.

Then there's the fact that the shop doubles as my "ready area" for gigs.
It's near impossible to have music and woodworking projects going at the
same time.
If I ever get to the point where I have plenty of room for both, I'll
probably get cancer. :-)

Don't say that, I finally doubled my shop size to 960 sq'. It's nice
being able to move around with out banging into heavy iron. I can use
any tool now with out having to rearrange the shop. I even have an
easy chair to take a break in.

Mike M

My old shop was 1450 square feet.
The house was 1300.
Get your priorities in order!

When you stick the wings on, they take up a LOT of room.