Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Got a new Motor

On Jan 6, 11:58*pm, Gunner wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:14:25 -0800 (PST), Searcher7

wrote:
I picked up a 115v, 1/2hp, 1200rpm, TEFC, single phase Marathon
Resilient motor.

I won it on Ebay for only $16.50 and before I try to figure out what
to do with it I thought I'd ask if anyone was familiar with this
brand.

I'll probably sell it and but one more suitable for my purpose. That
is one that has a 1/2" dia. pulley shaft instead of a 5/8" one like
another motor I already have.

They seem difficult to come by, and I still need one for my band saw
or drill press project.

Can anyone tell me much about the quality of this brand of motor or
how much it usually goes for?

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Marathon is a good industrial motor and they make them for a lot of
the distributors.

Having found a 1200 rpm motor is a rather lucky find and many
applications can be found for it.

But none involving a drill press or band saw? Any idea on what these
usually cost? The seller who I won this motor from is selling similar
for $152. www.ebay.com/itm/120861695761 (Though, that one says 115V/
230V).

Thanks.

Darren Harris